Cathy Woodinvestment management company led by Ark Invest Monday sold 182,283 shares – estimated at $210.87 million – in Tesla Inc. TSLAmaking more profits in the electric vehicle stock as it continues to rise after recently joining the $1 trillion market cap club.
Shares of Tesla rose nearly 4% on Monday to close up 1.74% at $1,156.87 per share on Monday. The stock has risen 58.5% since the start of the year.
St. Petersburg, Fla.-based Ark Invest has been posting profits on the stock since early September, when shares of the Elon Muskled by a company began to rise after months of poor performance.
Including the latest sale, the popular fund management company has sold about $2.21 billion worth of Tesla shares since early September.
Tesla continues to be Ark Invest’s biggest bet on ETFs – a stock it predicts will hit the $3,000 mark by the end of 2025.
Ark Invest sold Tesla shares through the Ark Innovation ETF ARKKthe Ark Next Generation Internet ETF ARKW and the Ark Autonomous and Robotics Technology ETF ARKQ Monday. No other ARK Invest ETFs hold Tesla shares.
Prior to Monday’s transaction, the three ETFs together held a total of 2.74 million shares — valued at $3.16 billion — in the electric vehicle company.
See also: Cathie Wood’s Ark sells another $30 million in Tesla, further cuts Coinbase stake and buys more of that SVOD stock
Here are some other key trades for Ark Monday:
- Sold 273,725 shares – estimated at $8.35 million – in facebook inc. Facebook. The stock closed down 1.24% at $341.01 per share on Monday.
- Purchased 404,371 shares — valued at $8.35 million — in Palantir Technologies Inc. PLTR. The stock closed down 3.55% at $20.65 per share on Monday.
- Bought 202,661 shares — valued at $46.8 million — in Roku Inc. ROKU. The stock closed down 1.33% at $230.98 per share.
- Purchased 474,219 shares — valued at $17.44 million — in ProjectKings Inc DKNG. The stock closed up 1.80% at $36.79 per share.
- Bought 79,418 shares — valued at $25 million — in Coinbase Global Inc. PIECE OF MONEY on the dive. The stock closed down 5.13% at $315.48 per share.
Photo: Courtesy of Tesla